Saturday 31 August 2013

Character Design

Character design with Julia Bracegirdle was amazing! I discovered a new skill I didn't knew I had, and I'm so happy for designing characters now. I hope that I can contribute in our trailer project and bachelor movie with this skill.
In our first assignment we had to make a movie about Danish culture with simple characters made out of black paper. It was really fun and I learned how simple characters and movement can express a lot without telling.
The second assignment we got was about to find a lot of items, furniture or houses that we could see a face in and take pictures of them. Unfortunately I don't have the movie or pictures anymore.


For the third assignment we were supposed to make a creature from Frankenstein's laboratory out of picture, which was called a Bricolage. I think the assignment was exciting and we got to work with some very funny shapes.



 The last assignment we got was the most awesome one and the one where I learned the most after my opinion!We got to design our own character from an audio track. We had to imagine what the persons looked like and how they acted. 

I came up with a big-nosed guy who loves smelling to whine and a very spoiled girl who smokes.

I think I discovered one of my strengths, which apparently is character design and I really love doing it, so I hope I can do more of it in the future!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment