Friday 11 January 2013

Design with Lawrence

My second week with Lawrence Marvit as teacher was really cool and I learned a lot, much more than I expected. I actually drew a fully rendered picture, which is a very big step for me (which he also said to me).

The first assignment included coming up with an idea for a cool Atlantis weapon, designing it and drawing it with rendering.

In the second assignment we were given the idea Ghost Pirates in Venice, which was really cool. I loved the assignment and I enjoyed it very much. I learned a lot about rendering and cast shadows and how other buildings can reflect light. Though it's far from done I really like the way it is now.

Third assignment we were given the idea Fairy City. Here we learned about patterns and textures. I actually didn't use any textures other than the vains I made on the tree. I also learned a lot about values and focus points. I'm not fully satisfied with this piece yet and I was also told to work more on it, but other than that I'm again very proud of that I made a fully rendered picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment